About Night Hawk
Night Hawk is created because orienteering is social and we want more social events in the world.
Night Hawk builds on traditions and creates a social event for small and large clubs, friends, groups, companies and also the armed forces.
Night Hawk is designed for anyone who like to experience the nature in a social setting.
Night Hawk is also a movement anyone can join! As an organizer, participant or a person who loves orienteering.
Participate in one of our events, become an X-Hawk or simply follow us online. You choose. If you love orienteering we want you to join our family. Country, size, age or gender does not matter.
Night Hawk Norway - who organize it?
Each year one or several Norwegian o-club organize the Night Hawk relay. This is how Night Hawk can be organized in the most exciting terrains in Norway - each year - and become one of the most social and fun events in the world.
- 2020: Night Hawk TBD: Apply today! (August 2020)
- 2019: Night Hawk TBD: Apply today! (August 2019)
- 2018: Night Hawk TBD: Apply today! (10.-12. august 2018)
- 2017: Night Hawk Eggemoen: Ringerike & IL Tyrving (4.-6. august 2017)
- 2016: Night Hawk Lillomarka: Lillomarka OL & IL Tyrving (12.-14. august 2016)
- 2015: Night Hawk Asker: IL Tyrving & Asker SK
- 2014: Night Hawk Holmenkollen: IL Tyrving
- 2013: Night Hawk Sandvika: IL Tyrving
How is it organized?
Med en hovedkomite bestående av 5 posisjoner:
- Reise & overnatting
Night Hawk er organisert med en 3-delt arrangørstruktur:
- Nivå 1: Hovedkomitemedlemmene - forbereder sine områder, har økonomi- og bemanningsansvar.
- Nivå 2: Stasjonssjefer - må forberede sin stasjon. De fleste 1-2 uker før, men noen krever forberedelser siste 3-12 mnd. Alle stasjoner har et hovedkomitemedlem å forholde seg til.
- Nivå 3: Arrangører - kan komme på dagen og gjøre en definert oppgave
About the first organizer of Night Hawk (2013-2016):
IL Tyrving is one of the premier organizers of sport events. We are honored to be able to cooperate with one of the most experienced organizers in the world (with a track record of events like World Cup, Norwegian Championships, national races and several district championships).
IL Tyrving is one of the largest and most traditional orienteering clubs in Norway. Their home terrain is located just west of Oslo, in Bærum Kommune. Tyrving organize o-activities for small children, 13-16, juniors, seniors and veterans. IL Tyrving is "a complete sports club", and this is how IL Tyrving likes to be known.
IL Tyrving won the gold medal in the Norwegian Championship Relay in 2007, 2008, 2012 and 2013 and 2014. IL Tyrving has a 5th place in Jukola 2013 and 6th place in 10Mila 2015.
The club history:
IL Tyrving was founded in 1922, and today has over 600 members within orienteering and athletics. Below you see the background for the name, Tyrving:
Tyrfing var et magisk sverd ifølge norrøn-mytologi, som var smidd av dverger. Sverdet ble brukt av vikingen Angantyr.
Night Hawk is club independent - anyone can organize Night Hawk! These clubs has contributed to Night Hawk:
- 2013: Course setter from Asker Skiklubb, Rolf Mauritz Pedersen
- 2014: Maps and course setter from OSI and Nydalen
- 2015: Cooperation between IL Tyrving and Asker SK
- 2016: Cooperation between Lillomarka SK and IL Tyrving
- 2017: Cooperation between Ringerike OL and IL Tyrving
The Organizing Commitees 2013 - 2014
Organizing Comitee 2016:
- Leder Hovedkomite
- Reise & Overnatting
Organizing Comitee 2015:
- Leder Hovedkomite Jørgen Holmboe
- Kart og løyper Geir Hoff
- Løypelegger Rolf M Pedersen
- Markedsføring Karoline Andersen
- Teknisk Hallvard Berg
- Arena Magne Aas
- Arenaproduksjon Asgeir Bakken Rognstad & Christian Holmboe
- Trening Per Wirhén
- Trafikk og parkering Thor-Ivar Pute Eriksen
- Salg & servering Anna Göhlman & Marit Isachsen
- Seremonier Helene Lund-Johansen
- Forsvaret Asle Kvaase
- Tur-O Unn Ellefsen
- Sponsor Anders Tiltnes
- Økonomi Siri Holmboe
Night Hawk 2014 Holmenkollen
- Event director: Are Kristiansen
- Arena: Rune Berge
- Courses and Controls: Per-Kristian Ekeberg
- Technical: Alf Pettersen
- Restaurant: Helene B. Lund-Johansen
- Course planner: Øivind Due-Trier (OSI)
- Press and marketing: Anders Tiltnes
- Photos and media: Christian Grotnes
- Economy: Siri Holmboe
- Special Advisor: Jørgen Holmboe
Night Hawk 2013 Sandvika
- Event director: Jørgen Holmboe and Lars-Erik Fiskum
- Arena constructor: Torbjørn Sagberg
- Technical scientist: Henning Spjelkavik
- Head of controls: Jostein Nørbech
- Course planner: Rolf Mauritz Pedersen
- Restaurant: Helene Lund-Johansen
- Press and marketing: Anders Tiltnes
- Photos and movies: Christian Grotnes