Congratulations to the winners of Night Hawk 2014: NTNUI and Järla Orientering!
- NEW 17th August: OFFICIAL RESULTS with split times and leg results.
- Picture galleries 2014.
- We want to learn and improve: Please fill in our Feedback Form.
Welcome back for a new experience 14th - 16th August 2015.
#nighthawkrelay & Instagram Feed
- Don't forget to enter for Skogsløpet: mass start event on Sunday (same arena as Night Hawk).
- Please join the event on Facebook. Just a click away!
- 3-6 women on a women's team. 4-8 men on a men's team. Because it's possible to run both night+day legs.
- Prepare: Choose from the official trainings, by Anders Nordberg.
- The 2014 arena is in Holmenkollen, but the terrain is deep inside Nordmarka-un in the famous "5-mila" courses - in beautiful forest.
- Do something more: Norways biggest music festival, or orienteering trainings. Train for JWOC2015.
- Accommodation: Free on the arena. <15€ in cottage or hostel. Caravan/motorhome.
- Boat trip on the fjord. Grill on the arena. Night Flash for young adults.
- Travel: Train/plane/bus to Oslo. Public transportation to the arena.
- Read the FEEDBACK from participants after Night Hawk 2013
Night Hawk in Norway is a true orienteering experience. The history goes back to the 60's, and it was one of the biggest relays in the 70's, together with 10Mila and Jukola.
Everyone in Norway participated, and only the toughest Swedes has finished it. Back then the Finns only heard the rumors of it.
In August 2013 the relay returned; reimagined. SNO and Halden won it, making them the first legends of a new era.
8th - 9th August 2014 Night Hawk will be run by Women and Men, both young and old. Women run 3 night and 3 day legs. Men run 4 night and 4 day legs.
All the night legs starts on Friday 8th August 22:00, in one huge mass-start. The day legs are run as a normal relay with start on 9th August 12:00, based on the results from the night legs. Women can have 3 to 6 runners and men can have 4 to 8 runners on each team (because it is allowed to run both night and day).
Don't miss out!