Gather your friends and come to Oslo for a social weekend in the forest with great orienteering-fun!
Over 100 teams entered already! Teams from 11 nations are entere, incl. POL, ITA, AUT, RUS, CZE, LIT, DEN and SUI. Welcome!
Night Hawk is a night+day relay for all ages and levels of orienteering.
- 3-6 women on a women's team. 4-8 men on a men's team. Because it's possible to run both night+day legs.
- Visit our Runners Bank.
- The 2014 arena is in Holmenkollen, but the terrain is deep inside Nordmarka-un in the famous "5-mila" courses - in beautiful forest.
- Egen bedrift- og mosjonsklasse: Bedrifts&Mosjon!
- Er du litt skeptisk til å løpe nattorientering? Meld deg på i Bedrift&Mosjons-klassen. Der starter hele laget sammen, og løper ugafla nattorientering som en lagøvelse.
- All the top teams will be there. Pasi Ikonen is planning WOC and Night Hawk in 2014. How is your o-calendar?
- Do something more: Norways biggest music festival, or orienteering trainings. Train for JWOC2015.
- Accommodation: Free on the arena. <15€ in cottage or hostel. Caravan/motorhome.
- Boat trip on the fjord. Grill on the arena. Night Flash for young adults.
- Travel: Train/plane/bus to Oslo. Public transportation to the arena.
- Mass start event on Sunday 10th August.
- Read the FEEDBACK from participants after Night Hawk 2013
Night Hawk in Norway is a true orienteering experience. The history goes back to the 60's, and it was one of the biggest relays in the 70's, together with 10Mila and Jukola.
Everyone in Norway participated, and only the toughest Swedes has finished it. Back then the Finns only heard the rumors of it.
In August 2013 the relay returned; reimagined. SNO and Halden won it, making them the first legends of a new era.
8th - 9th August 2014 Night Hawk will be run by Women and Men, both young and old. Women run 3 night and 3 day legs. Men run 4 night and 4 day legs.
All night legs starts on Friday 8th August 22:00, in one huge mass-start. The day legs are run as normal relay on 10th August, based on the results from the night legs. Women can have 3 to 6 runners and men can have 4 to 8 runners on each team.
Don't miss out!